Dr. Larry Frank and HCD Lab’s appearance in News / Media.
Click to view. (10:15 mark).
Dr. Larry Frank talks with Jesse Johnston on transit for new Metro Vancouver communities- News 1130 - September 9th, 2012
Click to view.
Dr. Larry Frank talks with Stephen Quinn on Translink Fares Rise- On The Coast CBC - November 12th, 2012
- Transportation a hot issue in rapidly growing Metro Vancouver - Vancouver Sun 2014-11-04.
- Ransford: Walkable neighbourhoods high on Metro's wish list - Vancouver Sun 2014-10-06.
- We want to walk: report finds strong preference for walkable neighbourhoods - Vancouver Sun 2014-09-30.
- Welcome to Toronto's death race 2014 - The Globe and Mail 2014-09-29.
- Lack of affordable, walkable neighbourhoods linked to poor health: UBC Study - Metro 2014-09-29.
- Walkable neighbourhoods more desirable, produce better health outcomes - UBC News 2014-09-29.
- 'This is just sick': Smog building up in eastern Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley - The Province 2014-07-15.
- Could Helsinki's transit plan aimed at making the private car pointless work in Metro Vancouver? - News 1130 2014-07-14.
- Higher and faster, elevated transit isn't always smarter - Toronto Star 2014-02-18.
- Province expected to announce Translink governance changes - News 1130 2014-02-06.
- Heavy Congestion Looms as 700,000 more vehicles expected to clog Metro Vancouver roads - The Province 2014-02-04.
- Road pricing can help with increasing congestion: report - News 1130 2014-02-03.
- Only Hong Kong tops Vancouver as the least affordable city - Vancouver Sun 2014-01-22.
- Surrey's downtown plan will boost cycling, walking, and transit: pilot study - Vancouver Sun 2014-01-20.
- Surrey asks feds for $1.8b for light rail - Vancouver Sun 2013-11-29.
- UBC talks transit improvements, upcoming TransLink referendum - Ubyssey 2013-11-19.
- Health may be key to drivers choosing transit: Expert - News 1130 2013-11-19.
- Delaying transit investment doesn't save money: UBC Prof - News 1130 2013-11-18
- UBC Planning Professor warns of suburban sprawl, 'horrific' congestion - Vancouver Sun 2013-11-17.
- New report tackles growing population and mass transit - News 1130 2013-11-17.
- Fix transit by tying funding to regional growth strategy: UBC Prof - Metro News 2013-11-14.
- Four ways to fix mass transit in Metro Vancouver - UBC News 2013-11-14.
- Momentum to build upwards has become a skyscraping race across Metro Vancouver - The Province 2013-09-28.
- Expert calls for performance based Translink funding - News 1130 2013-09-24.
- Translink referendum must emphasize health benefits:expert - News 1130 2013-09-24.
- Concerns about transit for new Metro Vancouver communities - News1130 2013-0909.
- Planners Promote Local Food & Active Living- Healthy Canada by Design CLASP 2013-08-06
- TransLink would benefit from retail revenue, B.C. politicians say- The Globe and Mail 2013-08-10.
- Transit investments lead to healthier people - UBC News 2013-07-04.
- Despite massive investment in public transit, most Metro Vancouver residents favour commuting in their vehicles - The Vancouver Sun 2013-06-27.
- Stress of commuting takes heavy toll on your health- The Province 2013-06-26.
- Educating Todd Stone, the new minister of transportation and infrastructure - Georgia Straight 2013-06-10.
- Q&A with Lawrence Frank - Vancouver Magazine 2013-04-23.
- A shift behind the wheel - Youth are forgoing a traditional rite of passage: the driver's license -The Vancouver Sun 2013-03-21.
- Commuters who drive gain more weight than those who take the train or bus, new study finds - The Vancouver Sun 2013-01-29.
- Car commuters gain more weight - Reuters Health 2013-01-25.
- Greenway another step toward walkable city - The Globe and Mail 2012-12-12.
- Studying the effects of going green - The Globe and Mail 2012-11-22.
- Change isn't scary once you connect the dots - Vancouver Sun 2012-08-11.
- Vancouver seawall add-on spurs donation debate - The Globe and Mail 2012-07-13.
- Vancouver is Canada’s most congested city - Metro 2012-07-10.
- Neighborhood linked to obesity - ScienceNews 2012-06-02
- Obesity linked to location - Science News 2012-05-11.
- Long commutes take toll on heart health - CBC News 2012-05-08.
- Walk, cycle to fight obesity: study - CBC News 2010-08-20.